About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Thursday 10 June 2010

Long runs

*Retrospective updating has messed up my sense of dates, so I'm writing about a run from a couple of weeks ago and one on the post date, haha*

One Sunday Kirsty came to Battersea for a shot at running 35 minutes together. I had run 35 minutes with Mark, which was a really good run; at his suggestion, we'd even run faster for the last minute and it felt great. That was a real boost to the spirits. But Sunday was a horribly hot and humid day and it was a thoroughly unpleasant run. We got to 32 minutes and gave up. I think Kirsty was more annoyed at it than me as she hadn't done 35 minutes before. I hope there isn't too much of this sort of weather over the summer.

Our second shot at 35 came on this day, I believe, and it was successful. Unmemorably so.

No comments:

Post a Comment