About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Short intervals

Short intervals are hard work. I think I tried running them too fast, around 5min/km. But I managed the required 5 intervals with a bit of extra walking, plus the 5min lead-in and lead-out runs. I kind of wanted to die afterwards. As I'm updating this retrospectively I've messed up timings a bit, but I know that on June 10th I tried my second short interval run with Kirsty. Yet another thing that is better and easier with my running buddy. Still bloody hard though! The thing is, I really really like running at the faster speed, for about 30 seconds until I completely lose my breath.

That run is memorable because we got a couple of really nice compliments; from someone at work and from a (hot) random as we ran past. Running is a good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment