About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Sunday 20 June 2010

As we were both away at the weekend, Kirsty and I decided to go for 40 minutes on a Monday. We did it! Actually it was 40 minutes and 15 seconds as that took us to a magical 6km distance. Unfortunately from about 35 minutes, I started to feel some pain in my left knee and groin area. It was still there in the morning and I could feel it when walking. I decided to skip the planned Wednesay and Friday run to give it time to calm down. I helped it along by stretching. Groin stretches, woo!

I think it was a good decision as I had a pain-free run on Saturday. I tried short intervals but only got to 3 before deciding I lack the motivation to do intervals alone. I then did a 20 minute normal pace to atone for my sin. It was quite achey.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ive just read through most of your blog which I found on the Get Running forum. You've given me lots of inspiration and hope. The fact you can now run for 40 minutes is great I hope that I'll be able to do the same one day. :) I just did my week one 2nd run early this morning and my legs HURT! They're fine until I do something stupid like attempt the stairs! Anyway my blog is over at http://couchto5kmission.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete