About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Thursday 1 July 2010

Slacking and Amsterdam

Our plan became to extend our long run by 5 minutes per week, and we did a 45 minute, 6.69km run on June 22nd. But we soon realised *cliche alert* that failing to plan is planning to fail. The end of June came with us doing just 2 runs per week and losing our way somewhat.

The next run was in lovely Amsterdam, where Kirsty, Mark and I went for a short break. We failed to find a park to run in (what we thought was a park was a zoo) and ended up following a random route through the quiet streets and canals of Amsterdam on a Sunday morning. Plus a car park. It was hot; we got to 30 minutes and I was really tired, having forgotten my Ventolin and having to work so much harder for breath. I felt a sort of accomplishment which outwieghed my slightly uncomfortable thought that I've become one of those people that runs on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment