About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Sunday 18 July 2010

Long run frustration

On Thursday we did intervals again and it was not horrible. My breathing was under control again and I was able to jog in between faster runs.

Yesterday we went for a long run of 50 minutes. Unfortunately my breathing decided it was not going to be under control. I never felt comfortable and it didn't seem like I was ever getting enough breath. At 35 minutes I had to slow down to a walk and again see the depressing sight of Mark and Kirsty running on ahead. I got my breath back pretty quickly, threw up - just to make the experience complete - and resumed running after 2 minutes. The others turned back to join me and we got to 50 minutes together. I was still not breathing properly.

The frustrating thing is that I can't predict when this will happen, or what I can do when it does, except stop. I don't want to stop. I am going to Google some stuff on breathing exercises for asthma; maybe that will help. I'm also not going to eat anything less than 3 hours before a run!

Our first 5k race is on Monday, and after yesterday I am not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you were pushing too hard? Or had eaten the wrong thing? Good luck for your race!

    ReplyDelete