About Me

Hello. I am not a runner, or someone who exercises, and am not sporty at all. But one day, in the pub, I decided to run a half marathon with my friend Kirsty. We entered ourselves into the Royal Parks Half in October, and started to run. This blog records my trials and tribulations as I try to build up from never running anywhere to running 13 miles.

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Steady as she goes

Our plan is at its 4-week point, which is an 'easy' consolidation week. But we started from week 3, so we replaced the suggested 20-minute run with 25 minutes. Today is cooler than it has been for several weeks, and the run felt good. Yes, that's right, it actually felt good! It seemed fast, even though my iphone app disagrees. We mainly ran in Green Park which I consider a harder run as it has gradients - which are absent from all of the other locations we run in. There is no flat but no mad hills either - perfect for a slightly tougher run, I think. Kirsty tried to push for a few minutes longer but my mind was set on 25; I compromised by doing the last minute at a faster pace.

Breathing was well under control today and I am so happy. I believe the return to 3 sessions per week has made a big difference, helped along by lower humidity. Let that be a lesson, Lisa, 3x per week is a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment